Dr. Riya Ballikar
MBBS, MD, DM, DNB(Clinical Hematology)
Education & Fellowship
- MBBS (Goa Medical College and Hospital, Goa University, 2009. )
- MD(General Medicine )(Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 2013).
- DM (Clinical Hematology).( Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Medical college Kolkata, 2016.)
- DNB (Hematology).(CMC, Vellore, 2016.)
Clinical Expertise / Interests
- Diagnosis and Treatment of all Blood and Blood Related Disorders.
- Anaemia / Low Hemoglobin/ Complicated Anaemias.
- Platelet Disorders, ITP.
- Bleeding and Clotting Disorders.
- Thrombosis – Including DVT, Abnormal site Clotting.
- Aplastic Anaemia/ Pancytopenia.
- MDS/ Myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.
- Bone Marrow Testing (Aspiration / Biopsy).
- Bone marrow aspiration reporting.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of all Blood Cancers.
- Leukaemia (AML, ALL, CML, CLL).
- Lymphoma (Hodgkin’s, Non-Hodgkin’s).
- Multiple Myeloma.
- Chemotherapy of all blood cancers.
- Intrathecal Therapy.
- Bone Marrow Transplant.
Honours & Awards
- Awarded Gold Medal for highest score in MBBS and adjudged best graduate by Goa University.
- DNB Hematology gold medalist and president Award.
- First place in Hematology Quiz conducted by ISHBT.
- Life Member of professional bodies like IMA, Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion(ISHBT), Kolkata Hematology Alumni Association and Academy of Medical Sciences (AMS).
- Conducted over a 100 talks as faculty in many state level and national level conferences.
- 3 Publications in reputed Journals and investigator for many Hematology trials.