Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management
Mon-Sat | 4pm-6pm
Senior Consultant Anesthesia
Mon- Sat | 10AM – 6PM
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional!
Nobody Chooses Pain. Life becomes unbearable when there is pain. In recent times our own lifestyle has been responsible for our physical and mental indisposition. The stress and strain of modern-day living takes a heavy toll on our physique. This, in turn, adds to the mental agony. Sometime or the other most of us suffer from at least one episode of pain. Either ‘acute’ (Immediate type of pain) or ‘Chronic’ (Persistent type of pain). Acute pain can be resolved within a few days with or without treatment. The treatment options for chronic pain are only a few and not easily accessible. People thus tend to rely on unconventional modes of treatment, which are not so effective.
Why Anaesthesiologists as pain management specialists?Anaesthesiologist knows pain better than most other specialists. By their training, they are already familiar with the spinal and epidural injections. With additional knowledge and training to use sophisticated equipment, they can inject at the exact point where the disease process is suspected and diagnose or treat the root cause of pain.
Specialised Interventional Treatments
Available at Kingsway Hospitals Advanced Pain Management Centre for the following:
- Back pain/Leg Pain (Disc Related) • Faced Joint pain
- Postop Pain • Cancer Pain
- Neuropathic Pain • Phantom Limb Pain
- Neck Pain (Cervical Sporable) • Headaches/Migraine
- Musculoskeletal Pain • Failed Back Surgery Pain
- Herpetic Pain • Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Spastic Cerebral Palsy
Why should you get your pain treated?It is important to treat pain. Unrelieved pain brings unnecessary suffering.
Pain may Cause patients to:It is important to treat pain. Unrelieved pain brings unnecessary suffering.
- Feel weak because of disruptions inactivity, appetite & sleep
- Give up hope
- Reject treatment programs
- Feel helpless, anxious, and depressed
- Think about suicide
- Stop enjoying normal activities, such as work, recreation, and relations with others.
Although most pain can be managed or greatly eased with proper pain management, the tragedy is that most pain goes untreated, undertreated or is improperly treated.
Treatments available at Kingsway Hospitals Advanced Pain Management Centre:
- Interventional Modalities like
- Transforamen Block
- Facet & Caudal Block
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Coeliac Plexus Block
- Mandibular and Maxillary Nerve Block
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block
- Glossopharyngeal Nerve Block
- Superior Hypogastric Block
- Ganglion Impar Block
- Advanced Pain Management
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery Pump
- Ozone Therapy
- PRP Treatment
- Other Modalities
- Trigger Point Injection
- Short wave diathermy
- Laser Therapy
- Acupuncture Anas